License and Copyright Information
[Index] [Previous Chapter] [Next Chapter]
Current Copyright and LicenseCopyright 1995-1998 by Miles O'Neal, Austin, TX, USA.
All Rights Reserved, except as noted herein.
This software may be redistributed in any fashion you like, with only the following limitations.
- You must credit the authors in the source code and accompanying documentation.
- You may not use any of the names of the authors or their employers in any associated advertising without explicit permission from the parties you wish to name. Finding and contacting them is up to you.
- This copyright must be provided along with the documentation or code.
- The accompanying disclaimer must must be provided along with the documentation or code.
- You must also follow the terms of the Original EIT license below.
If you can actually use this to make money, more power to you. Just realize that the swish author is dedicated to keeping good, robust, useful code freely available to the public, and that philosophy applies to this package as well.
Warranty & DisclaimerThis software is presented as is, with no warranties expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the authors, their institutions, or any subsequent distributors be liable for any special, direct, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this software. In other words, if you don't like it, don't use it!
Bugs and feature requests, complaints, and so forth, brought to the swish author's attention, will be considered. Any modifications will be made at the sole discretion of the author.
AuthorCurrent author/maintainer: Miles O'Neal
Original author: Kevin Hughes
[Non-obscene suggestions for improvement to this copyright and disclaimer are always welcome. The intent is to keep control, simply so that nobody else takes control. This document should be concise and user-friendly.]
Original SWISH LicenseCopyright 1994 Enterprise Integration Technologies Corporation
Enterprise Integration Technologies Corporation (EIT) grants to the possessor of this copy (the Licensee) a royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use, copy, modify and distribute both the binary and source code of SWISH and any related documentation (the Software) for academic, research and internal business purposes only and subject to the following conditions:
- By using or copying the Software, Licensee agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
- Title and copyright to the Software remain with EIT and Licensee agrees to preserve the same.
- Licensee acknowledges that the Software is still in the development stage and that it is being supplied "as is", without any accompanying services from EIT. EIT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. By way of example, but not limitation, EIT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT INFRINGE ON ANY PATENTS OR OTHER RIGHTS. EIT shall not be held liable for any liability nor for any direct, indirect or consequential damages with respect to any claim by Licensee or any third party with respect to this Agreement or any use of the Software.
- Licensee may distribute the Software or any derivative work based on the the Software to third parties provided (1) all copyright notices and this Agreement appear on all copies, and (2) no charge is associated with such copies. Unless Licensee labels the derivative work with the notice "No Grantback", Licensee agrees to grant EIT a royalty-free nonexclusive license to use, copy, modify and distribute any modifications to the Software owned by Licensee and distributed to third parties as a derivative work under this Agreement.
- If Licensee distributes a derivative work, then Licensee also agrees to (1) notify EIT of the distribution, and (2) clearly notify users that such derivative work is a modified version and not the original EIT Software.
- Any Licensee wishing to make commercial use of the Software should contact EIT to negotiate an appropriate license. Commercial use includes (1) integration of all or part of the source code into a product for sale or license by or on behalf of Licensee to third parties, or (2) distribution of the binary or source code to third parties that need it to utilize a commercial product sold or licensed by or on behalf of Licensee.
- Licensee agrees to abide by all applicable laws of the United States, including, but not limited to, copyright and export control laws.
- EIT has the right to terminate this license immediately by written notice upon Licensee's breach of, or non-compliance with any of its terms. Licensee may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by licensee's failure to abide by the terms of this license.
[Index] [Previous Chapter] [Next Chapter]
Last update: 18/Aug/1998