Documentation & Software
All software and documentation herein is certified Y2K COMPLIANT.
FAQs & such
- GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) FAQs, tutorial, etc.
- GIMP Tutorial - online (Last modified: 09/03/98) or downloadable (tar'd, gzip'd, 442K)
- Annotated plug-in example source for plug-in developers
- rec.music.christian FAQ
vi docs (with Susan Liebeskind)
- Introductory Guide and Reference manual in HTML, PostScript, and plain text formats.
online quick references
(UNIX only)Rather than mess with anonymous ftp, just select what you want. If your browser has half a brain, it will load them and ask where to save them. If not, email email@example.com and tell me which package[s] you want.
- blur version 2.0 (a plug-in), and docs for it (the plug-in). Works for GIMP version 0.99.28 or later. Requires gpc!
- gpc version 1.4 (GTK Plug-in Convenience library)
- randomize version 1.7 (a plug-in), and docs for it (the plug-in). Works for GIMP version 0.99.28 or later. Requires gpc!
- eek 1.5.1 - a curses-based chase game based vaguely on the old UNIX robots game. It requires libRRU . Available in all, common, source archive formats.
- bf Big file finder
- endian Quick test for big/little-endian-ness
- fmtp Fake Mail Transport Port-o-call (SMTP spoofer)
- misc utils Misc. system utilities
- vines 2.0 for X11 or SunView (kudzu for your screen)
- xbiff+ enhanced xbiff (X11 mail watchdog)
- XDM+ XDM with a GUI, better config files, and extra docs (X11 Display Manager (login, etc))
- xlogout X11 logout button
- web-errors HTTPD custom error response package version 2.4
- w4ais index CGI gateway version 3.1 for use with swish
- swish file index / search program version 1.2 for use with w4ais
- xpdf 0.7a patch level 2, statically linked for Linux 1.2.x for i486 (tar'd, gzip'd, 117K)
I've also played Beta tester for NCSA's web server group.
Last updated: 15 May 1999 Miles O'Neal <roadkills.r.us@XYZZY.gmail.com> [remove the "XYZZY." to make things work!] c/o RNN / 1705 Oak Forest Dr / Round Rock, TX / 78681-1514